Homeowners are always searching for new ways to add value to their property, whether by renovating a kitchen or creating an open-plan space, but boosting the price of your home doesn’t have to mean tearing out tiles or knocking down walls as your garden could offer the easiest answer to cashing in.
In fact, new research has revealed that focusing on an outdoor space could help you add as much as £5,000 to the value of your home.
Just mowing the lawn, washing the pavements and trimming the hedge appears to make a huge difference when selling your house.
To ensure you’re maximising the value of your property with little effort, we’ve got 5 garden transformation tips to try before you put your house on the market
1. Keep a tidy, green lawn – an overgrown lawn is a huge turn-off for potential buyers.
2. Grow colourful plants – a bright, well-kept flower bed grabs attention.
3. Trim the hedges and shrubbery – kept neatly, they can boost kerb appeal massively and are currently more on-trend than fences and walls. A cordless trimmer will help you keep hedges and shrubs tidy and is easy to use anywhere.
4. Clean the patio or pathway – a freshly washed pathway can make a property look brand new. Try a pressure washer for extra ease.
5. Remove weeds – key for any garden’s flowers to bloom.
If you would like further advice on how to maximise the value of your home before you go on the market, please call us on 639955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on Sunday, 13 October, 2019